Honey has been used as food and medicine for ages. But did you know this sweet nectar from the bees can have an eternal shelf life if stored in an airtight container? Here are some facts and hacks to get you acquainted with the magical ingredient.
Today I will share the benefits of honey and how you can use Honey for Skin to get maximum benefits. I will share nine different ways to use honey for brighter and clearer skin.
Homemade Honey Face Cleanser
Article Table of Contents
- Mix some honey with a few drops of milk.
- Use this mixture as an all-natural cleanser suitable for dry skin.
- One teaspoon of honey.
- One teaspoon of Cool Water
- One cotton ball.
- Mix honey and water together.
- And apply on your face with the cotton ball in a circular motion.
- It clears all dirt & impurities from face skin and opens up pores.
Benefits Of Honey Face Cleanser
The enzymes present in honey enable it to seep into the skin, conditioning and moisturizing it while the antibacterial properties unclog pores and eliminate dry skin cells and blackheads.
Honey For Acne
Since honey is naturally antiseptic, it helps soothe and heal inflammation and acne.
Mix one tablespoon of neem oil with a tablespoon of honey and dab it onto your acne. The antibacterial properties can kill acne-causing bacteria, while the gentle bleaching properties in honey will reduce scars and pigmentation.
We’re all aware of the beauty benefits of honey, but did you know that it was also a staple in Cleopatra’s daily beauty ritual?
Mix a few tablespoons of honey with the juice of a lemon and apply it evenly on your skin before massaging it in circular motions.
Abundant in antioxidants, honey prevents skin damage, slows aging while moisturizing your skin from within.
Honey Skin Bleach
- Two teaspoons of honey.
- 1 teaspoon of Tomato Juice.
- One teaspoon of Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon of fuller’s earth
- Mix all these ingredients together to make a smooth paste consistency.
- Apply this pack to your face and neck.
- Please leave it to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, wash off with cool water.
Benefits Of Honey For Face Bleaching
This pack works well as a natural skin bleacher. It refreshes the skin, opens up pores, removes uneven skin tone, and makes dull and dry skin smooth and soft. Also, it reduces unwanted hair growth.
Honey Face Scrub
- One teaspoon of honey
- One teaspoon of White or Brown Sugar.
- Mix these together.
- Massage this paste on your skin for 5 minutes in a circular motion.
Honey Face Scrub Benefits
This scrub exfoliates the skin, removes the top layer from the skin, treats large pores, and improves skin texture and appearance. Also, it helps regenerate skin cells.
Honey Moisturizer DIY
- Two teaspoons of Honey
- Two teaspoons of Raw Milk.
- One teaspoon of Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Coffee Powder.
- Combine all these ingredients well to prepare this pack.
- Mix it well to form a smooth paste.
- Apply a thick layer of this paste on your face and neck.
- Please leave it to dry for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Then wash off with cool water.
Benefits Of Honey Moisturizer For Face
This pack contains honey and milk. Both are well-known natural skin moisturizers. These improve skin elasticity, nourish & soothe the skin.
Turmeric powder reduces skin rashes, skin itching and irritation of the skin and Coffee Powder remove skin redness, dead skin cells, repair damaged skin because of the antioxidant properties.
Honey For Skin Rejuvenation
- 1/2 slice of fresh lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- Pour this honey onto lemon.
- Rub this gently on your face.
Benefits Of Honey And Lemon For Skin
Both Lemon and Honey help rejuvenate the skin. These reduce age spots, fine lines, skin blemishes, and wrinkles.
Lemon Juice contains Vitamin C and antioxidant properties that protect the skin from radical damage, thus rejuvenating and detoxifying the skin and making the skin healthy.
Beauty Benefits Of Honey
Here are some other beauty benefits of honey other than skin.
Honey Lip Scrub Recipe
Combine one tablespoon of brown sugar with one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of lemon juice.
Gently massage your lips with this scrub to bid dry, chapped lips goodbye.
The honey acts as a natural humectant and restores moisture in the skin, keeping it healthy and free of buildup.
Honey Treat dark elbows and knees
Honey has natural bleaching properties that clear pigmentation and scars, leaving you with smooth, even skin.
- Mix one tablespoon of sugar with a tablespoon of honey and squeeze in some lemon juice.
- Use this scrub to get rid of the darkness on your elbows and knees while hydrating your skin.
Honey For Weight Loss
If you thought honey couldn’t have any more benefits, then think again.
Honey can also help you get rid of that belly fat that you’ve been fighting.
Add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and one tablespoon of organic honey to a glass of warm water.
Essential vitamins and minerals in honey aid weight loss, while ACV keeps you fuller for longer.
So these are the nine different ways to use honey for maximum skin benefits.
Try and share your result here. I hope these tips make you add honey to your DIY skin and healthcare arsenal! Until next time, stay tuned and stay Glamorous.