Hair loss is one of the most frequent problems among adults, reaching hair thinning or even baldness. Some of the common reasons for hair loss are certain medical conditions, hormonal changes, poor nutrition, heredity, or autoimmune diseases of the scalp.
It is hard to treat hair loss caused by hormonal changes, hereditary, or autoimmune disorders. However, you can treat hair loss caused by temporary factors such as medication, malnourishment, stress naturally with DIY home remedies such as coconut milk.
In the following article, I will share ten amazing ways to use coconut milk for hair loss. But before heading towards our article, let us know some benefits that coconut milk provides your hair.
Benefits Of Coconut Milk For Hair Loss
Coconut milk is useful for hair loss. Coconut milk carries high levels of magnesium. Research shows that the hair follicles require this specific mineral to strengthen the hair strands and stop them from breakage.
The antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties of coconut milk fight off scalp infections and prevent hair loss induced by these infections.
The healthy fats in coconut milk moisturize the hair strands and increase their elasticity, preventing breakage.
10 Ways To Use Coconut Milk For Hair Loss
Here are the ten ways of using coconut milk to prevent hair loss. Pick any one of them but please be consistent if you want to achieve maximum results.
Coconut Milk Hair Massage
- Cut a coconut and grate the white flesh with the help of a coconut grater.
- Spray some water over the grated coconut and then put it in a cheesecloth.
- Squeeze it to obtain the milk from the grated coconut.
- Filter the milk and then boil it in a pan for 5 minutes.
- Let the milk cool down a little, and then store it in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Use coconut milk completely all over your hair and scalp.
- Rub for 5 minutes and leave it on for 3 to 4 hours.
- Then rinse off with a mild shampoo, Followed by conditioner.
- Repeat the process two times a week.
Coconut Milk And Honey Hair Pack
Being a natural emollient, honey conditions and moisturizes the hair. The antiseptic and antibacterial properties of honey can prevent hair loss caused by bacterial and fungal infections in the scalp.
- Take 1/2 cup of pure coconut milk.
- Add two tablespoons of honey to it.
- Mix it completely with the help of a spoon.
- Dampen your hair and apply this mixture all over your hair and scalp.
- Wrap a shower cap and leave it on for 1 to 2 hours.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Redo the process once a week.
Coconut milk and lemon juice Hair Mask
Lemon juice is a superb source of vitamin C, vitamins, B complex, and antioxidants, which nourish the hair roots and combat scalp infections. It also aids in getting rid of dirt, sebum, and other deposits from the hair roots.
- Take 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- Add two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice to it.
- Stir it with a spoon and use it all over your hair and scalp.
- Leave it on for an hour, and then rinse off with a mild shampoo.
- Reform the treatment two times a week.
Coconut milk and olive oil massage
Olive oil is non-comedogenic and moisturizes the scalp hair without closing the hair roots. It also assists in getting rid of dandruff, which is one of the main reasons for hair loss.
Massaging the scalp with olive oil also improves blood circulation and reduces hair breakage.
- Take two tablespoons each of extra virgin olive oil and coconut milk in a bowl.
- Apply it all over your scalp using a cotton ball.
- Coat the hair strands as well.
- Now, rub your scalp with your fingertips for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let it stay for an hour, and then wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat the remedy three times a week.
Coconut milk and yogurt hair mask
Yogurt comprises vitamin b5 and vitamin D that helps to supply the hair follicles and stops hair loss.
The antifungal properties of yogurt assist in fighting off fungal, scalp infections.
- Take two tablespoons each of coconut milk and plain yogurt in a bowl.
- Whisk it completely, using a fork.
- Apply it to your scalp and hair.
- Wrap a shower cap and leave it on for a couple of hours.
- Wash off the mask with a mild Shampoo.
- Repeat the process twice a week.
Coconut milk and camphor rub
Camphor reinvigorates the hair roots and promotes hair growth. It also kills the fungi and bacteria that cause scalp infections and cause hair loss.
- Take 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- Combine two teaspoons of crushed camphor to it.
- Mix it with a spoon and use it all over your scalp and hair.
- Rub it over the scalp with your fingertips for 5 minutes.
- Leave it on for a couple of hours, and then rinse off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat the treatment once a week.
Coconut milk and Amla hair pack
Amla or Indian gooseberry is a magnificent source of amino acids, minerals, vitamin C, and flavonoids that prevent hair fall and nourishes the hair follicles.
The anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antibacterial properties of amla prevent hair loss caused by inflammatory scalp conditions and scalp infections.
- Take 2 to 3 Indian gooseberries, sliced them into halves, and discharge the seeds.
- Mash the gooseberries to get a thick paste and add it to 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- Blend it with a spoon and apply it smoothly to your scalp and hair.
- Let it rest for an hour, and then wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat the process twice a week.
Coconut milk and castor oil Massage
The powerful, antibacterial, and antifungal properties of castor oil treat scalp infections, Folliculitis, and dandruff, some of the general scalp problems that cause hair loss.
The ricinoleic acid present in castor oil, boost circulation to the scalp, induce hair growth.
- Take 3 to 4 tablespoons of coconut milk.
- Add a tablespoon of castor oil to it.
- Mix it with a spoon and apply it to the hair and scalp.
- Rub the scalp with your fingertips for five to eight minutes.
- Let it stay for an hour, and then wash it off with a shampoo.
- Repeat the method three times a week.
Coconut milk and curry leaves hair pack
Curry leaves support the scalp’s restoration process and help open up the closed hair follicles, which promote hair regrowth. Amino acids and Antioxidants in curry leaves strengthen the hair follicles and moisturize the scalp.
- Please take a few fresh curry leaves and crush them to form a paste.
- Combine the paste to one-half cup of coconut milk and stir it with a spoon.
- Apply this paste to your scalp and hair.
- Leave it on for a few hours.
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat the process regularly.
Coconut milk and fenugreek hair Pack
Fenugreek seeds are loaded with protein that nourishes the hair follicles and strengthens them.
Lecithin presents in fenugreek moisturizes the hair roots and prevents breakage.
- Dip three to four tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
- Take the seeds and put them in a grinder.
- Grind it to make a paste.
- Add two tablespoons of coconut milk to it.
- Mix it with a spoon and apply it to the scalp and hair.
- Leave it on for an hour, and then wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat the process once a week.
Tips And Precautions To Prevent Hair Fall
- I recommend using fresh coconut instead of dried ones to derive coconut milk because fresh coconut yields a higher amount of milk than dried coconut.
- Opt for hot oil massage at least two to three times every week to improve blood circulation in the scalp.
- Limit the use of chemicals-loaded hair products such as shampoos, conditioners, Pomades gels, hair, colors, etc.
- Don’t utilize heated styling tools or hair dryers to style your hair.
- Reduce stress by practicing relaxing exercises such as yoga, deep breathing meditation, etc.
- Trim your hair every three months to get relieved of the split ends.
- Have a well-balanced diet rich in protein, healthy fats, whole grains, vegetables, and fruits.
- Pick the right shampoo and conditioner, as per your hair type.