Essential oils are derived from plants by methods like distillation or evaporation. While essential oils are renowned for their aromatic abilities, they also contain solid chemical properties that can benefit health.
One advantage some essential oils have is promoting hair health. Different oils can do everything from promoting hair growth to add strength and shine.
Best Essential Oils For Hair Growth
Cedarwood Essential Oil
Cedarwood essential oil works to promote a healthy scalp and help growth by increasing its circulation. It even aids in slowing hair loss and thinning hair. Cedarwood essential oil also helps to relieve many different types of alopecia lavender.
- Combine a few drops of cedarwood essential oil with two tablespoons of carrier oil of your choice.
- Rub it into your scalp.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes before cleansing it out.
Lavender Essential Oil For Hair Growth
Essential oil is undoubtedly an all-around great oil for various properties that lavender essential oil possesses in supporting hair growth. A study done on animals showed that mice’s hair growth rate was faster when lavender was used.
Lavender also has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties to help improve the health of the scalp. Peppermint has cooling effects. It helps to increase circulation in those areas that need more promotion and hair growth.
- Mix some drops of lavender oil into three tablespoons of carrier oil, like melted coconut oil or olive oil.
- Use it directly to your scalp.
- Please leave it in for at least 10 minutes before rinsing it out and shampooing as you normally would.
- You can do this many times per week.
Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint essential oil also has antiseptic properties to help reduce dandruff in the scalp. Research has found that peppermint oil increases the amount and depth of the hair follicles and growth.
- Combine two drops of peppermint essential oil with the carrier oil you want.
- Apply it to your scalp.
- Leave it on for five minutes before rinsing it out thoroughly with shampoo and conditioner.
Rosemary Essential Oil
In general, rosemary essential oil is known for its ability to help one focus and concentrate. Still, it also has excellent attributes, not only for mental clarity and skills, but It’s even a perfect choice for your hair.
This particular oil is excellent for cellular regeneration. It helps to promote a less itchy scalp. Rosemary essential oil is also a great choice to boost hair and thickness’s overall growth and prevent baldness, graying dryness, and dandruff in the scalp.
- Combine some drops of rosemary oil with coconut or olive oil.
- Massage it to your scalp.
- Please leave it in for at least 10 minutes before washing it out with shampoo.
- Do this twice a week for maximum results.
Clary Sage Essential Oil
Clary sage contains a chemical called lineal acetate that relieves skin inflammation and helps manufacture oil to help the skin. Clary sage also has antibacterial properties to help relieve rashes.
Clary Sage is also known to help relieve stress and hormonal imbalances. For those who have some anxiety-related disorders, this is also very beneficial for the hair and helps with alopecia. Research has shown that clary sage helps lower cholesterol levels with the body’s systems and reduces hair loss caused by stress.
- Combine three drops of clary sage oil with one tablespoon of carrier oil or your favorite conditioner.
- If using it daily, wash it out after 2 minutes.
- If using it once or twice a week, leave it on for 10 minutes.
Lemongrass Oil has many healing properties and acts as a natural insect repellent; It can also boost hair follicle strength, irritation, and those itchy parts of the scalp. A research study published in 2015 showed lemongrass oil to be effective in relieving dandruff.
To use lemongrass oil for healthy and dandruff-free hair, mix few drops of it in your shampoo and make sure to massage it thoroughly in your hair.
On The Whole
Essential oils can aid in improving your hair’s health with affordability and easy use without risking them.
For many, combining some with your shampoo or carrier oil and using that to your scalp regularly can increase hair strength, growth, or shine.