Do you have problems with dark underarms? Do you feel ashamed if you go to the beach and see people looking at your armpits and they are so dark? Do you want to know the home remedies to get rid of dark underarms? If YES, this article is for you.
Dark underarms can cause embarrassment in you, and you cannot wear your sleeveless tops. Dark armpits can also stop you from wearing bathing suits in public. But, don’t worry, you can lighten your dark underarms and gain your confidence and self-esteem again.
Today I would like to talk about the dark underarms, a prevalent problem that happens worldwide. And I will give you easy and most effective tips to get rid of dark underarms naturally and be confident again.
Tips To Get Rid Of Dark Underarms
First of all, it is essential to say that you can’t completely eliminate this problem because there is an influence of hormones. The sexual hormones can turn your underarms a little bit darker. Hence, there’s a common to everybody.
Another problem with the underarms is that the skin is very tight and susceptible to the skin, so you have to be very careful with the treatment you do.
Use Laser For Hair Removal
The first tip is to be cautious with your hair removal. The best way to remove the hair of your underarms is by using a laser.
There are two reasons that the laser is perfect.
- The first reason is that the laser has a process of whitening skin.
- The second one, laser, can kill the hair follicle the origin of the hair.
This is important because if you destroy the hair follicle, the hair will not grow up again, so it’s better for the skin’s health.
Also, it’s essential to know that you have to be very careful with darker skin with a laser.
You can turn your skin darker using a laser. So you have to go to a very qualified doctor to do this kind of treatment, and it’s not so easy. But later, it’s an excellent alternative to hair removal to turn your underarms a little bit whiter.
Wear Loose Clothes
The second tip is to be careful with tight clothes. Since if you wear a lot of tight clothes, you can turn your skin a little bit darker, so be cautious with that.
All kinds of inflammation on the skin can turn it darker, so be careful about that.
This often happens with you if you have excessive weight because you can accumulate fat in this area and increase the skin’s friction with the tissue, which causes inflammation.
Inflammation turns the skin darker, so be careful with tight clothes.
Avoid Alcohol Deodorants
Tip number three is avoiding alcohol deodorants because alcohol can turn your skin darker by inflammation, the first thing that you don’t want if you want to lighten your armpits. You will have to get rid of inflammation. After all, inflammation is going to turn your skin darker, so avoid alcohol deodorants.
Use Whitening Creams To Lighten Dark Armpits
Tip number four is to use whitening creams. I can say here that some kind of medicine like retinoic acid and hydrogen can be used in low concentrations in this area to turn lighter.
So you can use this medication by prescription by your doctor. The acids can turn your skin darker by inflammation, too, so be careful which type of treatment you want to consider to get rid of dark underarms.
Just do what your doctor says you do.
Home Remedies To Lighten Dark Underarms
We can see many treatments on the internet, but you have to be careful because they can cause inflammation. Inflammation is the biggest enemy of the dark underarms. So be cautious with this kind of homemade treatments.
It’s essential to say here that it’s for the health too because dark underarms can be some kind of disease caused by an excess of insulin called Acanthosis Nigricans. Before you do any treatment, it is essential to check out with your doctor.
Following are some home remedies proven for ages to help you lighten dark armpits naturally.
Be sure to apply only one remedy at a time and with your doctor’s approval.
- Egg oil. Just before sleeping, massage egg oil into your underarms. Wash your armpits with pH-balanced body wash or soap the following day.
- Cucumber. Cucumber is a blessing in summers, from lightening dark undereye circles to lightening armpits. Cut the cucumber into thick slices and rub them on areas that you want to lighten. After 10 minutes, wash your underarms with cool water.
- Potato. Potato has natural bleaching powers and helps to lighten dark skin consequently. Grind a potato, get the juice from the grated potato, and apply the liquid to your underarms. After 10 minutes, wash your armpits with cool water.
- Turmeric. Besides potato, turmeric is also a favorite ingredient of skincare bloggers as it has anti-inflammatory properties, lightens your skin, and protects it from bacteria and inflammation. In a small bowl, combine two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice with enough turmeric to make a paste. If you are allergic to lemon, you can add yogurt to it. Apply the paste equally to your armpits. After 30 minutes, rinse the paste off.
- Orange peel. Mix 1 tablespoon of rose water and one tablespoon of milk with enough orange peel powder to make a thick paste. Lightly scrub your armpits with the mixture and then leave it on for about 15 minutes before washing it off with cool water. Repeat two to three times per week. You can also make orange peel powder at home.
By And Large
‘How to lighten armpits‘ is a more generic question in your mind concerning skincare. With some change in your lifestyle habits, you can get rid of dark underarms.
But keep in mind that you can not completely get rid of dark armpits, but these lifestyle changes and home remedies can help you to lighten them to such an extent that you can feel confident in your sleeveless tops.
I hope this article added some value, do practice these tips and let me know about their results.
If you have reached this end, I hope you enjoyed the article. If so, do share it with your friends and family because sharing is caring. 😋
Happy Living ❤
Love, SUHANA 🎈