Are you looking for ways to get rid of acne marks at home naturally? If yes, you are in the right place!. How To Get Rid Of Acne Marks Home Remedies? Acne is one skin problem that we all want to get rid of. It’s heartbreaking to see blemishes and acne marks on the face, arms, and back.
I have got a few home remedies which I am going to share with you today. These remedies will help you to get rid of acne marks and make your skin glow again.
If you suffer from acne and terrible acne marks, then you know how terrible it feels. Acne is clearly unsightly and often very embarrassing. And even if you go through all the trouble of getting rid of your acne, there is another problem you will have to deal with – the acne marks left behind after they fade.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Acne Marks
Home remedies are the best way to get rid of acne scars. No doctor or dermatologist is required. You just need to follow these simple home remedies regularly and within a few days, you’ll experience noticeable results.
1- Tanning for acne marks
- Go to a tanning bed to get rid of acne marks. If you can’t find one, expose the affected area of your skin to the sun’s rays, but not long enough that you burn yourself. You could also try a self-tanning product.
2- Lemon juice for acne marks
Lemon juice has long been used in skincare as a natural remedy for acne and acne marks.
Acne scars form when the skin grows over a pimple or lesion, causing a loss of tissue. Lemon juice acts as a lightning agent to help even out the coloration of these scars, and the citric acid can properly exfoliate your skin so that new cells grow more rapidly, replacing the damaged cells at a quicker rate.
Because lemon is such an effective ingredient on its own, many commercial products contain it as an active ingredient.
Therefore, this treatment method makes sense if you are trying to find ways how to get rid of acne marks without having to turn to expensive products — it’s like getting two treatments in one!
Dabbing lemon juice directly onto your scars can be irritating to your already-sensitive skin. To prevent this from happening, mix equal parts water and lemon juice together (one tablespoon of lemon juice with one tablespoon of water) and then apply this mixture with cotton balls onto your acne marks.
After five minutes, rinse off with warm water; repeat once or twice daily until desired results are achieved.
Using fresh lemons instead of prepared juices from concentrate will give you better results faster.
3- Baking soda for acne marks
Baking soda is a good cleanser for the skin, but it can dry out your skin when applied topically. So, follow these steps to make a baking soda mask:
- Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with two teaspoons of water (you can also use apple cider vinegar)
- Apply this paste to the affected area and leave it on for 10-15 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water
You can use baking soda two or three times a week to get rid of acne marks.
Baking soda has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties that help treat acne marks. Plus, its gentle exfoliating properties remove dead cells to reveal healthy skin underneath.
But you must be careful while using baking soda as it has high pH levels and may cause redness, itching, and burning if you have sensitive skin.
4- Aloe vera gel for acne marks
Aloe vera gel is a natural moisturizer that can help with acne scarring. It’s soothing and has anti-inflammatory properties, which means it can also calm redness and reduce the appearance of scars.
You can use aloe vera as a spot treatment for breakouts, or you can apply it all over your face as part of your daily skincare routine if you have dry skin.
Aloe vera is also naturally hydrating—but not oily!—so it won’t make existing pimples worse.
To apply aloe vera gel as a spot treatment, squeeze some onto a cotton swab or cotton ball and dab onto scarred skin to see if you notice any improvement in the appearance of your scars.
You can also get an aloe vera plant at most nurseries and extract the gel yourself using kitchen implements like a knife or grater.
5- Honey for acne marks
- Honey is a natural spot treatment. Simply dab it on an acne mark, or dab it in the area of your face that’s particularly prone to breakouts. Honey has antibacterial properties and will work to clean out your pores, so let it sit for about 10 minutes before washing off with cold water.
- Use honey as a mask by spreading it across the entire affected area or covering your whole face. Let sit for 10-15 minutes (or overnight if you’re feeling brave), then wash off with cold water to reveal brightened and less inflamed skin.
6- Vitamin e oil for acne marks
Vitamin E oil can be used in different ways to treat acne marks. You can use it as a serum by applying a few drops of vitamin E oil to the affected area or you can mix it with your night cream and apply both of them together.
If you find that vitamin E oil doesn’t work for you, don’t worry as there are plenty of other ways you can use this oil for your skincare routine.
You can also apply vitamin e oil twice daily on your face to keep the skin soft and supple.
7- Aspirin mask for acne marks
- Aspirin has anti-inflammatory properties and is an excellent exfoliant, making it ideal for reducing acne and acne scars.
- To create this mask, you will need 4-5 aspirin tablets, a few drops of water, and 1 to 2 teaspoons of honey. Crush the aspirin into a powder by placing them in between two spoons or in a small zip-lock bag with one corner cut off (making sure not to spill any). Dissolve the powder in a few drops of water until it forms a thick paste. Finally, mix with honey to make your mask.
- After washing your face, apply the mask evenly over your skin using your fingers or a cotton ball/pad. Leave on for 10 minutes before rinsing clean with lukewarm water and patting dry with a towel. Apply moisturizer like you normally would after using the mask.
- You can use this mask once weekly, although many people find that applying it twice weekly is sufficient for treating moderate to severe acne scarring.
8- Apple cider vinegar for acne marks
Apple cider vinegar is another one of the many home remedies for acne that has been around for a long time. It’s an antibacterial and antiseptic, which means it can help kill bacteria and reduce inflammation.
It’s thought that the acidic nature of apple cider vinegar may be able to break up excess oil on your skin. This may help eliminate some of the bacteria found in clogged pores that can lead to acne breakouts.
To use, combine two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with three to four tablespoons of water, then apply it as a wash directly onto your face with a cotton swab or clean towel.
You should never use full-strength apple cider vinegar on your skin, as it can cause serious burns and irritation.
Be cautious about how often you use this method because the acidity of apple cider vinegar could result in redness or burning if applied too frequently.
Acne can be treated in a variety of ways.
Acne can be treated in a variety of ways, including:
- By a dermatologist
- With home remedies
- With over the counter products
- With prescription acne medications.
Acne may also respond to changes in lifestyle and diet.