If you have oily skin, you have a strong relationship with blackheads. Blackheads are a bonus gift that you get with an oily or combination skin. But don’t worry, I’ll help you to get rid of these tiny black spots only with homemade DIY masks.
But before coping with them, it is essential to understand what blackheads are and why they appear on your face.
The first and foremost reason for these tiny black spots is the excessive secretion of oil and sebum. When getting trapped into open pores, this oil blocks them, oxidizes, and results in emerging and visible tiny black marks.
These dark spots, when left untreated, leads to acne and pimples. That’s why it is very important to get rid of blackheads.
Remember that if you did not remove a blackhead completely, it would turn into a painful pimple.
Meanwhile, I humbly request do not touch or pluck these blackheads, as it exposes your skin to bacterial infections.
Among homemade blackheads removal masks, an egg white peel-off face mask has its dignity. And it has some amazing reviews.
Natural and homemade DIYs can help you to get rid of blackheads. And this article is all about how to make a blackhead removal mask at home.
You should consider the following DIY masks if you want a blackheads free skin.
Cinnamon And Honey Mask
Cinnamon and honey mask is proved to be best for removing blackheads because of their antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Honey works as a natural moisturizer that makes your skin glowing and bright by hydrating it.
On the other hand, as an astringent, cinnamon shrinks your pores, protecting them from settling of dirt and oil.
Meanwhile, it also makes your skin smooth and clear. So it is total WIN, WIN!
- Three tablespoons of organic honey
- One tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- Mix cinnamon and honey to form a thick paste.
- Now using a brush, apply the paste on your face.
- Pay particular attention to the most problematic zone, e.g., nose.
- Let the paste sit on your face for 10 minutes.
- After this, remove the made with scrubbing.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water, and you are all done.
You can apply this blackhead removal face pack twice a week to see changes.
Raw Milk And Gelatin Mask To Remove Blackheads
Gelatin is a well-known home remedy to remove blackheads. It is derived from Collagen. Because of its sticky nature, it gets stick to blackheads and pulls them out with it.
On the other hand, milk contains lactic acid, which takes part in making your skin bright and soft.
- One tablespoon of raw milk
- One tablespoon gelatin powder
- Mix both the ingredients very well to dissolve gelatin powder.
- Now microwave this mixture for 5-10 minutes to melt the gelatin.
- Let the mixture cool down for a while to make it bearable.
- When you think, your face can bear its heat, apply the paste with a brush.
- Let it sit for almost 10 minutes.
- Peel the mask off.
You need to apply this face pack only once a week.
Yogurt And Oatmeal Mask
Yogurt and oatmeal mask gives you a spotless, blackheads free skin.
Due to its coarse texture, oatmeal exfoliates your skin and pull out blackheads for your face.
Besides this, yogurt removes dirt and pollution from the skin.
You can add a few drops of olive oil into this mask to moisturize the skin. For much better results, add lemon juice that tones and clear out skin.
- Two tablespoons plain yogurt
- Four tablespoons oatmeal
- Few drops of olive oil/lemon juice
- Grind oatmeal to form a fine powder.
- Now mix oatmeal and plain yogurt.
- Also, add lemon juice or olive oil into it.
- Apply the mask on your face, particularly on the areas more with blackheads.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes or less.
- Wash your face with water and pat dry it.
Don’t use this mask too often. You can use it twice a week easily.
Honey And Milk Mask For Blackheads Removal
Milk is a natural, mild exfoliator due to lactic acid present into it. It gets easily absorbed into the skin. Due to this, it can easily unclog pores and remove dead cells.
Honey has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. It makes your skin bright and radiant.
- One tablespoon milk
- One tablespoon honey
- Mix honey and milk well.
- Microwave it for some time to get a thick consistency.
- Allow it to cool down a bit.
- Now apply this on your face; you can use cotton swabs or strips for this purpose.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes or more.
- Peel the mask off or wash it with warm water.
Don’t use this recipe more than thrice a week.
Sandalwood And Turmeric Mask
Turmeric act as a therapy for healing unhealthy skin. It removes germs and bacteria from your face and protects it from acne and pimples.
Sandalwood, due to its anti-inflammatory properties, cleans your skin.
As we are using both sandalwood powder and turmeric powder in this recipe, so add yogurt into it to give a mask-like texture.
One teaspoon sandalwood powder
- Half teaspoon turmeric powder
- Two tablespoon yogurt
- Mix sandalwood and turmeric powder.
- Add yogurt into it to make a thick paste.
- Apply the mask on a clean, dry face. (Always make sure to wash and pat dry your face before applying any mask)
- Let the mask dry.
- Remove the leftover by scrubbing it into circular motion.
- Wash off your face with lukewarm water.
Use this mask once a week to get rid of blackheads.
Charcoal Powder Mask
Charcoal is considered as the best home remedy to remove black and whiteheads. Its certain beauty benefits and amazing peel-off masks have become a favorite of beauty bloggers.
Charcoal acts as a detoxifying agent and cleanses the skin by removing dirt, bacteria, and unclog pores.
The plus point of this amazing ingredient is that it gives you instant results and makes your skin spotless, smooth, and clean.
It also removes excess oil and impurities from your face. So, you can understand why we beauty bloggers love this ingredient.
- One teaspoon of non-flavored gelatin
- Half teaspoon activated charcoal
- Warm water
- Few drops of tea tree oil
- Firstly, add non-flavored gelatin and activated charcoal into a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Make a thick paste by adding warm water into it.
- Lastly, add few drops of tea tree oil into it and mix well.
- Apply the paste on your face with a brush and let it dry.
- Peel off the mask carefully.
- Wipe the residue with a clean cloth dipped into lukewarm water.
- Rinse your face follow up by a moisturizer.
Make sure not to use this mask more than once a week; otherwise, you might hurt your skin’s natural barrier.
Always wash your face well before applying any mask. Also, apply moisturizer after removal that face pack. This will hydrate and moisturize your skin.
I hope you found this article helpful. I will be very happy to know which mask you are going to try right now.
Don’t hesitate to share this article on your social because sharing is caring 😉
Stay Beautiful and Live Beautifully ❤
Love, SUHANA 🎈