Vitamin C is a superstar anti-aging ingredient. In this article, I have explained the benefits of Vitamin C and How to make vitamin C serum at home.
Vitamin C Serum Benefits
Article Table of Contents
Vitamin C serum helps to whiten skin and reduces dark spots of acne.
Vitamin C acts as an antioxidant which means that it soaks up free radical damage. This can happen as a result of UV exposure, pollution, or just natural aging. It also fades hyperpigmentation, such as the brown spots that you might sometimes get on your skin after acne, as well as sunspots.
Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant. It helps the body get rid of free radicals and waste products, and it also helps repair damaged tissue. Vitamin C also reduces blood pressure and protects us from heart attacks and memory loss.
It also gives our immunity a boost, thereby helping the body fight off infections. In skincare, Vitamin C is essential. Application of Vitamin C serum daily on the skin reduces wrinkles and fine lines, clears blemishes, and imparts a glow to the skin.
Role Of Vitamin C
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin. To keep our body healthy, we need between 75mg to 100mg of Vitamin C daily. But our body does not produce Vitamin C naturally, so we have to obtain this vitamin from our food Citrus fruits, such as lemon oranges and amla, and green vegetables containing Vitamin C in adequate quantities.
When there is a shortage of vitamins in the body, the body feels tired, joint pains and aches occur.
Gums get swollen. Gums also start bleeding, and teeth may also begin to fall. The skin also gets prone to different kinds of allergies, and the skin also becomes very sensitive. The hair growth also stops and hair starts turning frizzy and thin.
Vitamin C Serum Homemade Recipes
The vitamin C serum sold in the market is very expensive. That is why I will tell you a simple way to make Vitamin C serum at home, But first, you must note some important points.
- For oral consumption, you can purchase LIMCEE or CELIN 500mg tablets from the medical store and consume one tablet daily. However, these tablets should NOT be used to make SERUM. It would help if you used only pure ASCORBIC ACID POWDER.
- The active form of Vitamin C that enters the skin and keeps it healthy is L-ASCORBIC ACID.
- This gets spoiled if exposed to light. That is why you must always store it in a dark-colored bottle and should store it in the fridge at any one time.
- It would help if you made only that much serum which will last you 7-10 days.
- All the ingredients used for making serum should be kept in a cool, dry place in an airtight container, which means that you must never store Ascorbic Acid Powder in the open and protect it from direct light.
- It is always most beneficial to use Vitamin C serum at night.
Vitamin C Serum DIY
- Ascorbic Acid Powder, ( Pure ), 200 gms
- Vegetable Glycerin, 200 ml
- Distilled water, 250 ml
You can make fresh vitamin c serum at home many times over In a dark glass bottle with these quantities.
- Add 1 TEASPOON of Ascorbic Acid Powder and add 30 ml of Distilled Water to it.
- Next, you must shake this mixture well until all the ascorbic acid powder dissolves in the water.
- Next, you should add 1 TEASPOON of Vegetable Glycerin to the mixture and then give it another vigorous shake.
- Cap the bottle tightly and store it in the refrigerator. At night after washing your face, take a few drops of this serum on your palm and spread it all over your face thoroughly.
- After ten days, you should make a fresh batch of serum.
- Those who have dry skin can mix 1 TEASPOON of Vitamin E oil in the serum.
If the color of the serum starts turning BROWN, then that means that the serum has spoiled. In this case, you must discard the serum and make it afresh. Please do not take more significant quantities than what has been recommended by me because adding an excessive amount of Vitamin C powder to the mix can cause skin irritation.
Before using the serum regularly, make sure you perform a SKIN TEST. Apply a small amount of the serum on the side of the neck at night before going to bed. In the morning, if there is no redness itching, you can safely use it regularly.
Those people who want to use the serum during day time should wash their face in the morning and then apply this serum to their face.
Next, wait for 10 minutes and then apply sunscreen or a good moisturizer before stepping out in the sunlight.
Vitamin C Serum Home Remedy
How to make vitamin C serum at home with orange peels? Get glass glow skin spotless, skin whitening? Let’s start:
1- Organic Orange
Wash the orange and remove the peel. Orange peel contains vitamin C, which helps create collagen and elastin for beautiful skin. It makes your skin look youthful and bright. It improves oily skin and makes the skin soft, smooth, and firm. It helps unclog pores and reduces blackheads.
2- Making Rosewater
- Take 3 Roses. The flower can be red or pink.
- Wash and bring out the rose petals.
- Put water into the cup.
- Bring to heat or microwave until the water has the color of a rose.
- Strain out the rose water.
Rosewater has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness of irritated skin, get rid of acne, dermatitis, and eczema.
- Take one glass of rose water.
- Blend it with orange peels and strain only the water from the orange peel. We will get vitamin C serum.
- Add one teaspoon of Glycerin for dry skin.
- Avoid sunlight. Refrigerate and should be used up within 15 days.
- The crushed orange peel can be used as a skin scrub. How to use crushed orange peel? Apply to skin acne marks dark spots and scrub for 1-2 minutes, then cleaned out.
Use Of Vitamin C Serum At Night
For serum, you should use vitamin C at night. Apply to the area of
Friends, I hope you have found this article helpful. This Vitamin C serum, which is very expensive in the marketplace, can be easily made at home and be used to keep your skin clean, clear, and glowing. Thank you. Try it and share your result.