In this article, I’m going to discuss seven ways to reduce and prevent hair fall. Hair is made up of a protein called keratin produced in hair follicles as follicles produce new hair cells.
All cells are being pushed out to the skin at the rate of about 6 inches per year. An average adult head has one lac to 150,000 hairs and loses about 5,200 hairs each day.
Your hair provides precise information about your health as hair cells are the fastest-growing in human bodies.
Losing hair can be an alarming sign. Here are seven ways to reduce and prevent hair loss.
Rule Out Medications
- Certain medications lead to hair loss; if you are currently on a drug that lists hair loss as a side-effect, try to find alternative medicine.
- Drugs used to treat cancer, depression, heart problems, arthritis, and high blood pressure commonly lead to hair loss.
- The most common cause of hair loss for men and women is a hereditary condition in which hormones cause hair loss in particular patterns.
- In such cases handling your hair gently with all-natural products can help slow hair loss progression.
- Some hormone changes are temporary in the case of pregnancy and menopause. Hair loss resulting from these conditions is temporary.
- However, if you have an ongoing hormonal imbalance like thyroid or PCOD, they will have to be balanced.
- Hair loss can result from physical or mental shock and constant stress. By decreasing your daily stress, you can directly impact the health of your hair.
- Take steps to combat stress, get enough sleep and exercise, reduce stress, and encourage good circulation, which promotes healthy hair growth.
- Avoid hair products that contain harsh chemicals that are hard on the scalp and hair.
- Use shampoos that do not contain sulfates or alcohol.
- Let your hair air-dry as often as possible. This will help promote new hair growth.
- Avoid any hot styling tool to style your hair.
- Your hair avoids tight braids and any pullback hairstyles that can cause hair to be pulled out easily.
- A good hair massage will stimulate blood flow to the scalp.
- Getting a head massage stimulates hair follicles and helps you feel relaxed.
- Try to use coconut, olive, or almond oil for the best results.
- Hot water dehydrates hair strands leading to dry, brittle, and hair falls.
- A low temperature helps preserve moisture, which helps in the health of your hair, so avoid hot showers that can dehydrate hair, making it thinner and more prone to thinning.
Improve Your Diet
- A whole food nutrient, rich diet, is crucial to support healthy hair growth.
- Consume foods rich in protein, iron, biotin, and zink.
- Avoid transfat, sugars, processed food, alcohol, and caffeine.
- Eating more protein will help in your hair’s health, as it is one of the building blocks of your hair.
- Your body needs omega-three fatty acids to create new hair. Vitamin A and C are important to maintaining your scalp’s health, essential for hair growth. Zinc and iron deficiency are linked with hair loss.
- Biotin is a B vitamin that is required for healthy hair, skin, and nails.
I hope you will start taking steps to improve your hair’s health. If you got any queries related to hair fall and its prevention, feel free to ask me in the comments section below. Or you can head up to my social media profiles to stay in touch and updated.