Even though skin tags are mostly harmless and don’t cause any pain once you have them, you can’t wait to get rid of them for good, right. Luckily for you, I’ve collected some of the most effective ways to remove skin tags at home that’ll help you forget about them once and for all. What are they? Let’s find out together.
Skin Tags Removal At Home
Number 10: check with your doctor
Before doing anything significant or trying different DIY methods to remove skin tags at home, it’s always a great idea to consult a doctor. You never know how your skin will react to all of the home remedies you want to try.
And it’s better to know for sure that it won’t lead to any severe problems in the future.
So remember to see your family doctor or dermatologist before trying any of the techniques I’m about to share with you.
The skin tag might look atypical or unusual, and the doctor may want to perform a biopsy as a precaution. Don’t be lazy. Your health and well-being should be your number one priority at all times.
Number 9: apple cider vinegar
Apart from being a wonderful salad, dressing, apple cider vinegar has many health benefits. Studies have shown that its natural acidity is great for removing skin tags because it can break up the skin tissue, allowing the unsightly tag to come right off eventually. So to remove skin tags naturally with apple cider vinegar follow the following steps.
- Start by soaking a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and squeezing Out the excess liquid.
- Once you’ve done that, place it on the skin tag and use a band-aid to keep the cotton ball in place for better results.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Repeat this process daily, and you’ll see the skin tag gradually getting darker and finally falling off.
Number 8: Ginger
How to remove skin tags with ginger? Ginger is full of different bioactive compounds with antimicrobial properties, which allow this product to effectively and quickly fight skin tags.
You won’t have to do much in this ginger recipe:
- First, off clean the affected area, make sure That it’s scorched and then rub a slice of raw ginger for about two to three minutes.
- You’ll see some juice coming out of the piece of ginger, but it’s okay; that’s completely normal.
- Leave it on the skin so that it can do its work. Repeating this procedure four to five times a day will give you the best results possible.
Number 7: Tea Tree Oil
You can also remove skin tags naturally with tea tree oil. Tea tree oil has antimicrobial antifungal and antiviral properties. It’s entirely safe to apply on the skin and simple to use.
- Before doing anything, make sure to clean the affected area properly.
- Then apply three drops of tea tree oil on a cotton pad and gently massage it into the skin.
- It’s better.
- Repeat this procedure about three to four times a day for quicker and more effective results.
Number 6: Oregano And Coconut Oil
How to get rid of skin tags with essential oils? While we’re on the topic of different oils, oregano oil and coconut oil are also great solutions for fighting skin tags. Oregano oil is a natural antimicrobial and anti-melanoma Crema d.
Coconut oil, in its turn, is packed with lauric acid, which is commonly used for treating warts thanks to its powerful antibacterial properties when combined to give unbeatable results.
If you want to see the magic for yourself:
- Mix two to three drops of oregano oil with four to five drops of coconut oil.
- Don’t forget first to clean the affected area with warm water.
- Then put the mixture on a cotton swab and apply it to the skin tag.
- Doing this two to three times a day will quickly make the skin tag dark and dry until it falls off with ease, problems solved!
Number 5: Castor Oil And Baking Soda
Another oil that you may want to take a closer look at is castor oil.
It has endless benefits for the skin. It reduces acne, fights signs of aging, moisturizes your skin, and the list goes on. But if we’re talking about skin tags, there’s nothing like the combination of castor oil and baking soda.
- Clean the area around the skin tag.
- Mix two parts castor oil with one part baking soda.
- Gently rub it over the tag.
- Then cover it with a piece of plastic wrap and secure it with a bandage.
- You can also use a banana peel instead of plastic wrap to boost the effect, but I’ll get more into that a bit later.
- When everything is done, you can leave it on overnight.
- Just don’t forget to rinse it off in the morning.
- It’ll only take a couple of nights for the skin tag to dry out and fall off with this treatment.
Number 4: Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is rich in citric acid, making it an irreplaceable helper in drying out skin tags due to its ability to remove dead cells.
If you apply lemon juice daily for a couple of weeks, you’ll notice the tags start to decompose slowly and eventually disappear.
Once again, before using it;
- Make sure the affected area is nice and clean.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice directly onto a cotton pad, and apply it to the skin.
- Using this treatment two to three times a day will do the trick all right.
Number 3: Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is widely known as one of the best home remedies for gorgeous and clean skin, that’s all. Thanks to its antioxidant and wound healing properties, Aloe vera provides very gentle cleansing and healing of the skin and removes these unwanted skin tags.
So, to get in on these incredible benefits:
- Clean the affected area.
- Get a little bit of fresh aloe vera juice or gel.
- Massage it into the skin tag for a couple of minutes.
- Be sure to do this two to three times a day, and your skin will thank you for it.
Number 2: Crushed Garlic
How to remove skin tags with garlic? Sure, garlic doesn’t have the most pleasant smell. Still, it’s a natural antimicrobial and antifungal remedy against skin tags.
Plus, after just a couple of days of treatment, you’ll notice how smooth your skin has become?
- The key here is to crush two to three fresh garlic cloves into a paste.
- Put it directly on the skin tag with a cotton pad. Make sure to cover it with a bandage and let it sit overnight.
- Two or three nights will be enough for the skin tag to dry out and come off, leaving your skin clean, clear, and baby smooth.
Number 1: Banana Peel
Finally, probably the best option to get rid of skin tags is, believe it or not, banana peel.
Although it might sound ridiculous, banana peels can erase skin tags once and for all, not to mention they’ve been proven to remove warts as well effectively.
All you have to do is follow these steps:
- First of all, carefully clean the affected area, as always.
- Then cut a small piece of banana peel.
- Apply the peel’s fleshy side to the skin tag, and cover it with a bandage again.
- Leaving it on overnight will make the treatment way more effective.
- After a couple of nights, the skin tag will vanish nice and comfortable.
Tips To Prevent Skin Tags
Remember that even after you’ve removed skin tags, they can always appear again. If you don’t, take specific preventative measures.
- The first rule is to follow a healthy lifestyle.
- It’ll help you lose unwanted pounds and stabilize your hormone levels, which are among the many reasons why skin tags appear in the first place.
- You should also avoid tight-fitting clothing since it prevents the skin from breathing and causes it to rub against the fabric.
- In short, the perfect environment for skin tags to appear finally makes it a rule to use powders to reduce possible skin irritations.
Sticking to these simple rules will help you make sure that your skin looks and feel silky smooth, and gorgeous at all times.
Do you have any tips of your own on how to remove skin tags? Tell me in the comments below.